Education & Training
- Senior Software Engineer with full enterprise-level SDLC experience, CMMI expertise, agile development/extreme programming experience, and an exceptional record of high-accuracy estimates & writing bug-free code
- 20 years of professional software development, including 14 years of coding for the US government, including state of the art military projects
- Application Security Specialist with professional white hat hacking experience
- Awarded Web & DB Designer
- AI/AGI Researcher & Developer
- Extensive military, police, & martial arts background/skills
- Video Game Designer, Producer, & Development Lead
- US Citizen; Czech origin
- Clearance: [details upon need-to-know request]
- Birth Name: Jiří Míka (printed on some of my certs/diplomas/publications)
- Location: Virginia, USA
- 2015 - Amazon Web Services - Architecting on AWS; Amazon.com, Inc.
- 2011 - Stand and Deliver (Presentation Skills); Booz Allen Hamilton, Inc.
- 2010 - Interpersonal & Team Effectiveness (MBTI based); Booz Allen Hamilton, Inc.
- 2009 - Software Engineering Estimation Modeling; Booz Allen Hamilton, Inc.
- 2008 - Project Management Fundamentals; Booz Allen Hamilton, Inc.
- 2006 - Secure Software Development; Booz Allen Hamilton, Inc.
- 2006 - Web Hacking in the Federal Government; NetContinuum
- 2006 - Procurement Integrity & Export Controls; Booz Allen Hamilton, Inc.
- 2005 - CMMI; Ciber Inc.
- 2004 - VS.NET, C#,VB.NET,ASP.NET; Ciber, Inc.
- 2003 - Java & J2EE; Ciber University - Ciber, Inc.
- 2002 - ASP & PHP; Ciber, Inc.
- 2001 - SQL Server 7/2000; Ciber, Inc.
- 2000 - VB6; Brainbench Certification
- 1999 - VB6; Learning Tree International / PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP
- 1998 - ActiveX Development; Learning Tree International / PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP
- 1997 - VB5; Coopers & Lybrand, LLP
- 1990-1991 - Criminal Law, Information Technology, Psychology, Special Military Training, & more; Police College of the Ministry of Interior of the Czech Republic. (Later teaching IT, programming, and martial arts on the same school)
- 1985-1989 - Computer Science and Electronics; Secondary Professional Training - Establishment of Kladno (Czech Republic). Chosen by IT professors to run official programming classes (for students as well as for IT professionals) on the same school long before graduation. Large final exam covering four years of highly technical study completed with the highest score possible.
Professional Experience & Background
- Technologies: J2EE/JEE, SOA, GWT, EJB, SWT, Swing, JFace, JWS, JSP, DWR, Tapestry, Spring, MVC, Acegi, JDOM, Ajax, Dojo, ASP, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, Portlets (JSR 168/286) & more
- DBMS: MS SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS Access
- Dev Tools: Eclipse, Toad, SWT Designer, MS Visual Studio.NET, MS SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Developer, MS Visio, XML Spy, Lucene, Solr, MS Office, MS Interdev, SMS Installer, ERwin Data Modeler, MS FrontPage, MS SharePoint, GameMaker: Studio, Unity 3D
- Req/Mgmt/Testing: Rational ClearQuest, Remedy, ScrumWorks Pro, JIRA, Crucible, MS Project, Jtest, Clover, TestDirector, Rational Functional Tester
- Web Servers: Apache, JBoss, IIS, PWS
- Geospatial: GeoServer, OpenLayers
- OLAP: Crystal Reports, Business Objects, Actuate, Jasper Reports
- Version Control: SVN, CVS, MS Visual Source Safe, StarTeam, Git/GitHub, SourceTree
- Operating Systems: MS Windows 8/7/Vista/XP/2000/NT/98/95/Me/3.xx, MS DOS, Linux (Debian based distros), Unix (Solaris), AmigaOS
Private Projects - Areas of Interest (tech only)
- 09/2013-Present - Senior Software Engineer at Leidos, Inc., previously known as Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC), Inc., and a Northrop Grumman subcontractor (2006-2014).
Command and Intelligence Operation (2014-Present); Military / National Security applications. (Java; Big data architecture/development; virtual team; agile development)
- 09/2012-09/2013 - Senior Software Engineer at Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC), Inc. (Virginia, US), and a Northrop Grumman subcontractor.
Intelligence Business Unit; Military / National Security applications. (Java)
- 12/2005-09/2012 - Senior Software Engineer (Level III - Associate) at Booz | Allen | Hamilton, Inc. (Washington DC & Charlottesville area).
Developing state of the art military system for processing national security related intelligence, supporting members of the US Intelligence Community in collaboration with Northrop Grumman and SAIC engineers since 2006 (primarily Java coding, but also led a C# (.NET) sub-project development + participated in DB-side coding in PL/SQL (Oracle) & T-SQL (MS SQL Server); SOA; agile development; CMMI - Level 3 certified & Level 5 compliant). Previously supporting the BAH Assurance & Resilience team as a Software Security Engineer performing white hat hacking & vulnerability reporting, configuration analysis, application security architecture reviews, development & analysis of security requirements & standards for various (including national scale) projects. Developed and maintained sophisticated applications for testing/evaluating banks and other financial institutions.
- 09/2000-12/2005 - Senior Software Engineer at Ciber, Inc. (Washington DC area).
- 1997-09/2000 - Senior Software Engineer at Coopers & Lybrand / PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (Washington DC).
- 1996-1997 - Computer Programmer and Analyst at Skodaexport Co. Ltd., now known as ČKD EXPORT (Prague, Czech Republic).
Design and development of internal economic and accounting software. Software service/maintenance for ~300 computers (Borland C, MS Office, MS SQL Server, MS Windows 95/NT).
- 1994-1996 - Computer Programmer, IT Teacher & Software Supervisor, Ministry of Interior of the Czech Republic (Prague, Czech Republic)
Part-time teaching IT/Programming at the Police College of the Ministry of Interior.
Maintained police database systems; software/hardware service for ~200 computers.
Designed and Developed: information systems for police schools; software for processing statistic data; economic software; educational software; software for international sport competitions; and more.
Languages/Tools: Borland C, VBA, Assembler, Pascal, multiple clones of Basic, HTML/JS, FoxPro scripts/queries.
Systems: MS DOS and Windows 3.11/NT/95
- 1991-1994 - State Police Officer, Ministry of Interior of the Czech Republic (Beroun & Prague, Czech Republic).
IT related tasks included participation in computer crime investigations & setting up police IT centers.
- Software for medical research. Developed various analytical tools & algorithms for medical researchers, including software for scientists from the Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center (Georgetown University, Washington DC) used for the Analysis of Mass Spectral Serum Profiles for Biomarker Selection study - published in Oxford University Press & in peer-reviewed scientific journals including Proteomics and Bioinformatics (2005).
- AI/AGI R&D (ongoing) - general problem solving, knowledge discovery algorithms, and intuitive communication interfaces for human-AGI & AGI-AGI interaction. Previously worked worked on various AI-related applications including chatterbots, AI algorithms for games, joke generator/recognition algorithms, and more.
- Application Security - Developed tools and techniques for test-attacking web applications.
- Supercompilation - automated code optimizations pioneered by Valentin Turchin in 70's.
- Cryptographic Technology - Developed tools for Cipher Breaking/Analyses (primarily in 2001-2002).
- Audio Processing & MIDI Coding - Experiments with "nice music" recognition & music generating algorithms. Some of my highly optimized audio tools (written in Assembler) were published in Czech IT journals including Elektronika.
- Software tools for ESP research and data analyses.
- Robotics / Electronics - designed & developed dozens of experimental robots for various purposes - mostly entertainment related private projects (e.g. music-sensitive dancing), & AI R&D projects. Also designed & developed sound effect generators & wireless communication devices.